Training calendar excel template is highly required for an effective training and development program, as it is more dynamic than the other form of training calendar templates. A training calendar contains the training plan for a specific period of time. Designing an effective training calendar is no easy task, as training need analysis is the prerequisite for the training calendar. An interactive training calendar Microsoft excel template will enable you to structure a learning and development culture within the organization. The design of the training calendar Microsoft excel template may vary from company to company based on training goals, planning, expertise, etc.
Components of Training Calendar
The major components of a training calendar excel template can be mentioned below-
- Name of training
- Training code for tracking purposes
- Name of trainer
- Name of training participants with the designation
- Training date and specific time with the training venue name
- Training duration
- Training method and evaluation process
- Approximate cost for specific training etc.
Sample Training Calendar for Employees
The training calendar creates s story of the organization’s initiative regarding learning and development. This training calendar is able to serve the basic requirement for a small-scale organization regarding training initiatives. But advanced training calendar excel template is required to achieve the organization’s goal regarding training and development.
The responsible training manager of the organization can prepare this type of Training Calendar for Employees’ training purposes for specific weeks, months, or years. According to the best practices, each organization should maintain 2 training calendars. One will be a master training calendar or yearly training calendar and the other is a monthly training calendar which should be developed by cascading down some of the training from the yearly training calendar. You can download the monthly training calendar excel template from the below link.
Monthly Training Calendar-2020.
Sample of a Yearly Training Calendar
As mentioned in the above section, the sample of a yearly training calendar will be as below-
“Name of the Organization”
Yearly Training Calendar for Employees, 2020
|Name of Training||Janu||Feb||Mar||April||May||June||July||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|
This is the sample master calendar for a year. So, now it’s easy to prepare a monthly training calendar from here by separating month-wise training. Some more information should have to include in the monthly calendar as that is the training implementation calendar. Download the yearly training calendar excel template for employees from the below link.
Yearly Training Calendar Excel Template
Purposes of a Training Calendar
A training calendar is must require to successfully implement an organization’s learning culture for a specific period of time. The training calendar excel template also helps training managers identify further training needs analysis by analyzing the data. The major purposes of the training calendar are as below-
- Circulate learning and development initiatives of the organization,
- Deliver training successfully,
- Motivate talents through learning opportunities,
- Employee’s skill development,
- Productivity up-scaling,
- Increasing awareness of employees
- Spreading of Company’s Value etc.
How to Design a Training Program?
Training is a kind of activity that improves competency and employee engagement. Your strategic thinking and knowledge can help you to develop a training calendar excel template. If you develop it through strategic thinking and following the below guidelines then it will help an organization to achieve learning and development goals. Some initiatives should be taken into consideration during the preparation of a training calendar for employees. These 7 steps of designing a training calendar are as below:
- Conduct Training Need Analysis (TNA): It’s not a wise thing to select training topics for employees or a group of employees without completing of training need analysis. A good training needs analysis report can give an overview of training requirements.
- Set Objectives of Training: What do you want to deliver in each training? Set these learning objectives for the trainees. Training objectives should be SMART.
- Take Budget Approval: Prepare the training budget after setting training objectives. Take approval of the training budget from the authorized personnel.
- Prepare Training Calendar: Prepare an effective training calendar focusing on TNA, Training Objectives, and associated budget. Don’t put in excessive training which doesn’t cover your training budget.
- Develop Training Materials: Now you need to prepare training materials based on the approved training calendar. Contact the trainers to know what materials are required to conduct the training.
- Conduct Training: Conduct training as per the training calendar otherwise employees may keep negative thinking regarding the training and development system of the organization.
- Evaluation of Training: Conduct training evaluation and keep records for further analysis & action. Training evaluation will help you to know the effectiveness of the training program.
Preparation of Training Calendar Excel Template
The above discussion will enable you to make an efficient training calendar excel template that will be dynamic and goal-focused. If you are not enough experienced in Microsoft Excel, then you can download the training calendar excel template and use it after customization. You will find lots of usable training calendar excel templates on the internet. Keep in mind that the design of the training calendar may be different from one organization to another, but the ultimate goal is the same.
Training calendar templates are mostly free on the internet for download. Some websites may offer different training calendar templates for money. I hope, you do not need to pay for training calendar templates and you will be able to make an effective training calendar by using the knowledge you have gathered from this article.
12 Employee Engagement Activities to Make Employees Happy
10 Quick Time Management Tips to Boost Productivity