Best resignation letter is considered as the best departure notice of an employee. So, writing of a professional resignation letter is not so easy for everyone. You should have to follow tips of this article for writing a professional resignation letter. Even you can use sample resignation letter templates by downloading here.
What is a Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter is a formal official document or official letter submitted by an employee when he/she would like to quit job. This is considered as departure announcement. The procedure of quit should be as professional as possible. Best resignations letter reflects the feelings of employee towards organization throughout the employment period. As a resignation letter is the departure notice of employees to the company, it must be professional and concise.
Submission of a Resignation Letter
When you decided to quit your job then you should submit your letter of resignation. It may be due to personal reason or getting of any good opportunity. Whatever it is, you should submit the resignation letter to your immediate supervisor. Then your supervisor will forward it to concern high official or to HR department. You can also submit your resignation letter through office mail. In that case you can directly submit the resignation letter to your supervisor keeping HR section in charge in copy. After that you should take a print out of that mail for your documentation as well as to submit hard copy of the notice of resignation to the concern department head or in HR department.
HR department generally start process of separation after getting employment resignation letter. So, notice of resignation or resignation letter is a very important document for HR department.
Tips for Writing a Professional Resignation Letter
A professional best resignation letter definitely can create sympathy and departure value to the employee who wants to quit job. A professional resignation letter must have some basic components. A resignation letter should be concise, crystal clear and full of information, so that no one can raise any more question for information. Best resignation letters are always short in size with in-depth information.
You should follow below tips for writing a professional and best resignation letter:
- Be concise and straightforward: You must have to be straightforward and honest in case of writing a best resignation letter. Don’t be too formal and must maintain your professionalism. Mention in the first line or first paragraph that you are quitting. Never allow room to others for negotiation.
- Notice your last working day: Clearly mention your last working day and make it bold for computerized resignation letter. It will clearly notice employers regarding the last working day of the employee. It’s good and professional and must have in every resignation letter. This is one of the necessary components of a best resignation letter. Because adequate notice period helps organization to find out suitable alternative for the position.
- Keep Resignation Letter Professional: Use of professional word must have to ensure in a good resignation letter. Do not mention any complain against the company or it’s employee or system. Better to highlight the good practices and culture of the company.
- Focus on Transition Period: Create confidentiality of your employer’s mind that you will give more concentration in work in the transition period. So that you can complete the unfinished task properly and hand over your responsibility. You can notice them verbally to keep confidence upon you.
- Proofreading and Submission of Resignation: Carefully check grammatical mistakes and proofread the resignation letter before submission. Specially check every date you mention in your resignation letter.
Download: Resignation Letter Template
Resignation Letter Template
Below sample resignation letter template may help you to quickly complete a professional best resignation letter and submit your concern authority.
[Your Current Position]
[Your Employee ID]
[Your Present Company Name]
[Your Email Address]
[Today’s Date/Date of Resignation]
[Subject: Letter of Resignation]
[Employer Contact Name]
[Employer Company Name]
Dear Mr./Mrs. [Last Name],
I would like to inform you that I am submitting this formal notice of resignation from my present position at [Name of Company]. My last day with this company will be January 31, 2021.
This was really not an easy decision for me to make, and I appreciate your support and opportunities for my professional development over my tenure at this company. I really value the experience and knowledge I gained over the past couple of years. It has been a great pleasure working with you and the team as well.
I will also be pleased if I can be of any help during the transition period. Please let me know if any support is required.
How to use a Resignation Letter Template
Please follow below steps after downloading the sample of best resignation letter template.
- Complete page setup according to your paper size. Always use A4 size paper to submit resignation letter.
- Edit or put information as replacement text within bracket.
- Check date and put as per your need.
- Proofread carefully.
- Submit hardcopy as well as submission through office mail and take a print out for future reference.
Things to Avoid for Resignation Letter and in Transition Period
- Criticizing company or any people of that company,
- Use of any unprofessional sentence in resignation letter,
- Mentioning the name of new company or doing comparison with present company,
- Giving short notice period that doesn’t match with company regulations,
- Making any bad comments regarding culture of present company,
- Making resignation letter long with unnecessary discussion,
- Misguide other employees of the company or demotivate them,
- Pushing others to resign,
- Spreading rumor against the company or its employee.