Best resignation letter is always considered as the best departure notice of an employee. So, writing a professional resignation letter is not so easy for everyone. You should have to follow the tips of this article for writing a professional resignation letter. Even you can use sample resignation letter templates by downloading them here.
What is a Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter is considered as a formal official document or official letter submitted by an employee when he/she would like to quit his job. This is considered a departure announcement. Best resignations letter reflects the feelings of employees towards the organization throughout the employment period. As a resignation letter is the departure notice of employees to the company, it must be professional and concise.
Submission of a Resignation Letter
You should submit a resignation letter after confirming the decision that you will quit your job. The reason behind this decision may be due to personal reasons or getting of any good opportunity. Whatever it is, you should submit the resignation letter to your immediate supervisor. Then your supervisor will forward it to the concerned high official or to the HR department. You can also submit your resignation letter through office mail.
In that case, you can directly submit the resignation letter to your supervisor keeping the HR section in charge in copy. After that, you should take a printout of that mail for your documentation as well as submit a hard copy of the notice of resignation to the concerned department head or in the HR department.
HR department generally starts the process of separation after getting an employment resignation letter. So, a notice of resignation or resignation letter is a very important document for the HR department.
Tips for Writing a Professional Resignation Letter
A professional best resignation letter definitely can create sympathy and departure value for the employee who wants to quit the job. A professional resignation letter must contain some basic characteristics. A resignation letter should be concise, crystal clear, and full of information so that no one can raise any more questions for information. Best resignation letters are always short in size with in-depth information.
You should follow the below tips for writing a professional and best resignation letter:
- Be concise and straightforward: You must have to be straightforward and honest in case of writing the best resignation letter. Don’t be too formal and must maintain your professionalism. Mention in the first line or first paragraph that you are quitting. Never allow room to others for negotiation.
- Notice your last working day: Clearly mention your last working day and make it bold for a computerized resignation letter. It will clearly notice employers regarding the last working day of the employee. It’s good and professional and a must-have in every resignation letter. This is one of the necessary components of the best resignation letter. Because adequate notice period helps the organization to find out a suitable alternative for the position.
- Keep Resignation Letter Professional: The use of professional words must have to ensure a good resignation letter. Do not mention any complaint against the company or its employee or system. Better to highlight the good practices and culture of the company.
- Focus on Transition Period: Create confidentiality of your employer’s mind that you will give more concentration in work in the transition period. So that you can complete the unfinished task properly and hand over your responsibility. You can notice them verbally to keep confidence in you.
- Proofreading and Submission of Resignation: Carefully check grammatical mistakes and proofread the resignation letter before submission. Specially check every date you mention in your resignation letter.
Download: Resignation Letter Template
Resignation Letter Template
The below sample resignation letter template may help you to quickly complete a professional best resignation letter and submit your concern authority.
[Your Current Position]
[Your Employee ID]
[Your Present Company Name]
[Your Email Address]
[Today’s Date/Date of Resignation]
[Subject: Letter of Resignation]
[Employer Contact Name]
[Employer Company Name]
Dear Mr./Mrs. [Last Name],
I would like to inform you that I am submitting this formal notice of resignation from my present position at [Name of Company]. My last day with this company will be January 31, 2021.
This was really not an easy decision for me to make, and I appreciate your support and opportunities for my professional development over my tenure at this company. I really value the experience and knowledge I gained over the past couple of years. It has been a great pleasure working with you and the team as well.
I will also be pleased if I can be of any help during the transition period. Please inform me of any required support.
How to use a Resignation Letter Template
Please follow the below steps after downloading the sample of the best resignation letter template.
- Complete page set up according to your paper size. Always use A4 size paper to submit a resignation letter.
- Edit or put information as replacement text within the bracket.
- Check the date and put as per your need.
- Proofread carefully.
- Submit hardcopy as well as submission through office mail and take a printout for future reference.
Things to Avoid for Resignation Letter and in Transition Period
- Criticizing company or any people of that company,
- Use of any unprofessional sentence in a resignation letter,
- Mentioning the name of a new company or doing a comparison with the present company,
- Giving short notice period that doesn’t match with company regulations,
- Making any bad comments regarding the culture of the present company,
- Making resignation letter long with unnecessary discussion,
- Misguide other employees of the company or demotivate them,
- Pushing others to resign,
- Spreading rumors against the company or its employee.